About the Position: This position is located at HQ, US Army Materiel Command, Office of Executive Services Division at Redstone Arsenal, AL. This position is responsible for the direct support to the Commanding General, Army Materiel Command and Senior Mission Commanders in the hosting of events and visits to the Command and Installation.Learn more about this agency
- Plan, coordinate, and execute protocol aspects of visits of high ranking United States (US) and foreign dignitaries, events and ceremonies hosted by the Commanding Genera (CG), DCG, EDCG, CSM, Chief of Staff.
- Collaborate tactfully internally and across the Installation, Department of Army, and Department of Defense.
- Respond professionally to request for assistance in all matters related to protocol procedures.
- Provide timely briefings on upcoming visits, events and ceremonies.
- Provide full range of protocol services to include design, planning, set ups/clean ups, and execution of large scale events, such as ceremonies, conferences and official site events.
- Assist in the establishment of an effective protocol policy addressing the special needs of Distinguished Visitors (DVs) and Events.
- Determines protocols support requirements for Distinguished Visitors both foreign and domestic and Executive level civilians with DoD, DA, Sister Services and local entities.
- Conceptualize, plan and conduct event-related activities in accordance with agency protocol standards including promotion, retirement, award ceremonies, town halls, speaking engagements, or any other major ceremonies and events.
- Provide recommendations and assist in the establishment of an effective protocol policy addressing the special needs of AMC CG, Redstone Arsenal Senior Commander, and AMC Senior Executives.
- Develops, manages, integrates, and executes all aspects of the internal protocol program for Army Materiel Command.
- Recommends appropriate use of funding to support official command visitors and dignitaries, and events in accordance with regulations, policies and procedures.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel up to 20% for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/527210100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.