This position is part of the Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC), Small and Medium Enterprise Finance (SMEF) Office. The incumbent will serve as the Innovative Financial Intermediaries (IFIP) Program Manager supporting smaller-scale financial intermediaries and vehicles investing in enterprises in OPIC-eligible countries, with a specific focus impact and innovation.Learn more about this agency
- Prepare for and plan each quarterly review and screening of applications for IFIP.
- Review, assess, and score IFIP applications against the program evaluation criteria, including fund strategy, management team, track record, fundraising, governance, and impact potential. (Requires review of complex financial information. )
- Coordinate with the external investment advisor to facilitate the advisor's supplemental, third-party review of the application materials.
- Participate in and document the various IFIP committee meetings. (Requires leading discussion on many agenda items and making recommendations to the committees.)
- Advise IFIP applicants regarding the status of their applications. Provide applicants that do not pass screening with constructive feedback regarding application deficiencies and areas for improvement.
- Respond to inquiries from potential applicants regarding IFIP.
- Maintain IFIP underwriting guidelines, policies and procedures. Advise the Chair and committees on required updates to these documents, make recommendations for improvements, and develop new content.
- Undertake public communications regarding IFIP, including updating of IFIP information on the OPIC website.
- Coordinate and prepare detailed reports, statistical analysis, and white papers for the IFIP steering committee, OPIC management, and external parties, as needed.
- Maintain statistics on IFIP?s pipeline and portfolio.
- Periodically evaluate program for effectiveness and make recommendations for necessary changes.
- Participate as part of a project team in the evaluation, committing, and closing of IFIP or other transactions for Small and Medium Enterprise Finance (SMEF).
- Develop and maintain internal communication and reporting templates.
- Undertake assignments to support IFIP business development and marketing plans.
- Structure debt financing for complex emerging markets investment projects.
- Perform in-depth analyses of the nature of the proposed fund/project, viability of the fund strategy/business model; market opportunity; financial conditions and track record of project parties; country-related legal, macro and microeconomic risks.
- Build, audit, and test financial models and perform sensitivity analyses; and prepare loan papers for presentation to approval committees.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/527200500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.