Library Staff is seeking to hire a highly qualified Librarian for one of their library locations to assist in meeting the informational needs of the attorneys within Department of Justice (DOJ). The DOJ Library System provides a complete range of library and related information services to DOJ employees within the various DOJ Offices, Boards, and Divisions (OBDs).Learn more about this agency
- Provide reference and research services to Library users.
- Serve as librarian liaison in communicating with library patrons, library staff, other national libraries, library and information centers, experts in government agencies, associations, the private sector, and/or research groups.
- Provide legal and non-legal reference and research services tailored to meet researchers' specific needs, including in-depth searching to assess information and program requirements.
- Provide presentations, training, and education; Promote library services, programs, and materials;
- Develop and maintains Web-based subject guides.
- Develop special reports, bibliographies, and other publications.
- Provide guidance to library patrons on how to access information resources, including books, multimedia recordings, archival materials, electronic database information, digital materials, electronic journals, and bibliographic citations.
- Search and locate information from a variety of sources and electronic databases;
- Assist in selecting and maintaining library collections (legal and non-legal), in print and electronic formats; and Assemble usage statistics and other library metrics.
- Responsibilities will increase and assignments will become more complex as your training and experience progresses.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/527193100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.