S/ES-EX provides day-to-day administrative and logistical support to the Secretary of State, the Deputy Secretary and the Under Secretaries. S/ES-EX also coordinates the administrative and logistical support for all foreign and domestic travel. The primary purpose of this position is to serve as a Trip Coordinator executing policies and plans related to the Department’s logistical support for overseas travel of the Secretary of State.Learn more about this agency
- Formulates and directs the development of plans for all aspects of the Department's management of overseas and domestic visits of the Secretary of State;
- Assesses the effectiveness of policies and procedures employed in the delivery of the Department's management and logistical support of White House Support Missions and Economy Act travel;
- Provides provision and reconciliation of Department funds in support of overseas visits for the White House Support Missions;
- Serves as a primary point of contact among high ranking offices, departments, agencies, and private organizations addressing a wide range of administrative inquires and duties;
- Reviews important taskers requiring the personal attention of the Executive Director and staff; analyzes a wide variety of information and documents directed to the Secretary's office for clearance and endorsement; and
- Manages operational support activities including developing processes, procedures, and best practices to conduct and coordinate administrative issues (i.e. personnel, travel, general services, training, communication, and scheduling).
Occasional travel - 30% of domestic and/or international travel.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/527127300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.