ATTENTION ALL APPLICANTS: This position is located in the U.S. Census Bureau Area Census Office (ACO) in Hanover, MD.
In order to be considered, ALL APPLICANTS MUST RESIDE in the following county: Anne Arundel County, MD.
Relocation will not be paidLearn more about this agency
The individual selected for this position will:
- Supervise employees directly in the office and indirectly in the field.
- Evaluate employees directly and indirectly, taking appropriate action regarding hiring, promotions and reassignment. Take disciplinary action when necessary.
- Communicate daily with various internal staff such as Area Manages, other area census office Managers, area census office staff, and staff in the Regional Census Center (RCC).
- Direct the phases of the field activities, including automated data collection.
- Ensure that the quality and quantity of work produced is monitored and controlled to meet rigid schedules.
- Responsible for continuous review and analysis of cost, performance and progress report and make critical decisions to meet deadlines and to control spending.
- Provide direction, leadership and coordination of property management activities.
- Provide oversight and guidance to maximize the useful lifecycle of personal property including acquisition, receipt, utilization and disposal.
50% or less - Position requires 25% local travel and 25% overnight travel.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/527112200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.