The Management and Program Analyst is a member of the project team which is charged with the responsibility for processing and ongoing management of the Managerial Cost Accounting (MCA) Decision Support System (DSS) at the VA Medical Centers in VISN 8 organized under the Veterans Health Administration.Learn more about this agency
Note: If you previously applied to vacancy #10341237 you do not need to re-apply. This vacancy is recruiting for the San Juan area only.
The purpose of the position is to provide customers with objectively based information for making decisions on the administrative and programmatic aspects of medical center operations and management, by accomplishing a wide variety of assignments concerned with effectiveness and efficiency of programs and operations. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative analysis in measuring and evaluating efficiency, economy, effectiveness, and quality of health care services.
- Apply analytical and evaluative methods and techniques to complete studies concerning the efficient and effective application of resources.
- Perform qualitative and quantitative analysis of effectiveness, efficiency, and productivity in clinical and administrative services in a hospital organization (e.g., benchmarking, total quality management, continuous quality improvement) using thorough knowledge of the VHA mission, organization, and work processes and roles played by administrative and ancillary support services.
- Conduct comprehensive studies of medical and associated administrative functions, activities, and services, analyze findings and make recommendations regarding continuing or beginning new medical services, purchasing new technology, or significantly altering directorate structures to accomplish organizational missions.
- Prepare, analyze, research, and report on data in relation to the national managerial cost accounting system utilizing accounting systems, payroll systems, clinical software packages, Microsoft Office products including Access, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word, and SQL Program Language Pyramid Analytics.
- Produce analytical cost accounting reports and documents for management information using the Managerial Cost Accounting (MCA) Decision Support System (DSS) relational database and related software.
- Develop individual programs, reports, and facilitate user interface and access to computer systems.
- Apply fact finding, analytical, and problem solving methods and techniques in establishing workflow procedures, determining work, and setting priorities.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships at all levels of the VISN.
- Prepare and present findings and recommendations.
- Coordinate the preparation of accurate and reasonable audits and propose recommendations to resolve data integrity issues.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/527077900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.