You will serve as Deputy Executive Assistant (DEA) and Protocol Officer for the Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy (MCPON) of the IMMEDIATE OFC OF CHIEF OF NVL OPS.Learn more about this agency
- As DEA, you will provide executive, administrative and strategic support to the MCPON, MCPON's staff and any visitors to the office requiring assistance.
- You will maintain complex, rapidly changing executive leadership schedules, and coordinate meetings and teleconferences applying appropriate Navy protocols.
- You will provide military personnel with administrative support, to include performance evaluation and/or fitness report review; track training completion, draft and route staff military awards, and coordinate special ceremony events.
- You will oversee and ensure all MCPON local travel via the Executive Motor Pool, as well as process Executive and Office Visitor Parking Requests.
- As Protocol Officer, you will coordinate programs designed to improve and maintain full understanding and support of the U.S. Navy by clearly articulating the complex mission of the Office of the MCPON.
- You will plan work to be accomplished, oversee the performance of tasks by a variety of support personnel associated with the execution of visits.
- You will plan, direct and manage an effective, comprehensive protocol/distinguished visitor (DV) program.
- You will provide guidance and training on matters relating to customs and regulations governing diplomatic formality, precedence and etiquette.
- You will be responsible for developing and maintaining effective relationships and communications with representatives of international, national, regional and local organizations.
- You will maintain the DV database and long-range calendar of scheduled visits, identifying and making recommendations on resolving schedule conflicts.
- You will provide guidance and direct support in the development and planning of social functions conducted to welcome, honor or entertain visitors and distinguished guests to the MCPON.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/527069800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.