This position is part of the Defense Threat Reduction Agency, Defense Threat Reduction Agency.Learn more about this agency
As a IT SPECIALIST (PLCYPLN) at the GS-2210-13 some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Develop, manage, and execute a formalized Configuration Management Program to support one or more Program/Project Managers.
- Develop plans, policies and procedures for surveillance and control of the Configuration Management (CM) program implementation within J6.
- Lead efforts to coordinate with Program Manager (PM) and J6 management issues related to the conduct of Configuration Management Practices and procedures for J6.
- Assess policy needs and develops policies to govern all IT activities within the agency.
- Provide policy guidance to IT management, staff, and customers.
- Establish and interpret existing DoD Configuration management policies and procedures, instructs and counsels Integrated Project Team (IPTs) for numerous programs.
- Serve as the primary J6 liaison/interface for Configuration Management for agency managed systems and the J6 CM Library.
- Coordinates the automation of Configuration Management processes between J6 and its PM customers.
- Establish criteria for outline of work flow used to set the working schema for automated routing of Configuration Management data approvals.
- Identify and address IT workforce planning and management issues.
- Conduct audits of IT programs and projects, and ensures the rigorous application of information security/information assurance policies, principles, and practices are delivered as part of planning and management services.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/527069100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.