This position will work in the Superior Court of the District of Columbia. It is the initial contact for government and corporate officials, foreign dignitaries, attorneys, witnesses, defendants, plaintiffs and the general public.Learn more about this agency
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Assists the supervisor in the daily operation of the Information Office of the Superior Court
- Provides information, telephonically and in person, regarding daily Court calendars, judicial courtroom assignments and location of various Court offices and divisions
- Provides Court related information, telephonically and in person, to government officials, general public, foreign dignitaries, corporate officials, attorneys, witnesses, defendants, plaintiffs and visitors
- Uses a computer to research and provide answers to inquiries from the public (i.e. status of a case or record, etc.)
- Brings unusual conduct or behavior of visitors to the attention of security personnel and refers accidents or sudden illness to the Health Unit
- Possesses a calm, clear and distinctive voice to operate the Court’s paging system
- Maintains a record of requests from courtroom staff pertaining to the paging of attorneys
- Provides Spanish interpretations and translations for respondents, litigants and the public
Must speak, interpret, read and write English and Spanish fluently.
The starting salary will be a Grade 6, step 3/$44,126 unless currently in the Federal Government or DC Government.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/527044100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.