The FRTIB is looking for a highly qualified and motivated individual to serve as a Supervisory Computer Engineer.Learn more about this agency
This Job Opportunity Announcement (JOA) may be used to fill other Supervisory Computer Engineer, GS-0854-14 positions within the FRTIB in the same geographical location with the same qualifications and specialized experience.
The major duties of the position are:
- -Performs the full range of supervisory and managerial duties in overseeing and directing the programs and functions of the branch.
- -Performs duties as a Contracting Officer's Representative (COR) with responsibility for contract requirement development, contract monitoring, and invoice approval, along with other COR duties.
- -Provides overall technical direction to OTS subject matter experts (SMEs) for multiple functional areas which provide the engineering, design, implementation and support of IT infrastructure and services for the entire FRTIB IT environment that enables administrative and business applications.
- -Oversees application of system engineering discipline to future capabilities and existing system problem resolution.
- -Applies systems engineering principles to ensure comprehensive solutions that address full lifecycle development, sustainment and disposal technical considerations are included along with lifecycle cost factors.
- -Performs legacy system management through a cadre of SMEs who ensure the refresh and sustainment of the current IT environment in order to increase its resiliency and suitability for evolving customer requirements.
- -Identifies opportunities to replace legacy technology with emerging capabilities while addressing risk of implementation and ease of integration with the existing IT environment.
- -Develops solutions to implement configuration changes and modifications to modernize and/or troubleshoot wired and wireless network, mainframe, applications, hosting and storage services.
- -Assesses and advances the current IT strategy. Assesses the current state from the perspective of the business strategy to identify impacts on existing IT services and develops recommendations for new or enhanced IT services to meet changing business needs.
- -Serves as the lead advisor for the IT roadmap. Assesses IT roadmap for technical viability with specific attention to securing the current and future state.
- -Collaborates with the FRTIB senior leadership and divisions to translate strategies into service requirements to develop and deploy capabilities to support business needs.
- -Monitors the execution of IT infrastructure projects to ensure compliance with technical guidance, standards and compliance with the regulatory requirements.
- -Monitors application development projects to ensure adherence to branch technical guidance, specified coding standards, security requirements, and industry best practices for software development.
- -Uses technical insights to create and recommend updates and changes to standards, policies and procedures for implementation by management to FRTIB hardware and software systems.
- -Oversees compliance of technical documentation development to include system requirements, functional design documents, suitability reviews check lists, functional test plan structure, performance test plans, and deployment/cutover plans.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/527026900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.