This Position is located in the Office of the Secretary, Office of Security, Office of Personnel Security.Learn more about this agency
As a Personnel Security Specialist, you will:
- Review security files to determine their adequacy and completeness with respect to DOT security interests under the provisions of applicable Executive Orders for background investigations of DOT employees and contractors. Recognizes whether further investigative coverage is required, prepares a written analysis of pertinent points, and recommends supplementary action.
- Review clearance forms completed by employees and identifies conflicting and unresolved information in a file. Notes any patterns, incidents or acts of lesser consequence which may demonstrate untrustworthiness. Recommends conclusions and final determinations for these cases.
- Determine if the requirements of E.O. 10450 and 12968 have been satisfied in connection with the appointment or transfer of applicants in sensitive position.
- Make preliminary recommendations on adequacy and completeness with respect to DOT security interests under the executive orders. When further investigation is essential for a determination, prepare an analysis of the pertinent points and recommends supplementary action.
- Participate in working groups for the development of operational policies, standards, and procedures related to all personnel security matters.
A candidate that has experience with EQUIP to process preliminary background checks, working with large amounts of clearance requests in short time frames and working with employees, mangers and senior leadership. Candidate would have excellent written and in person communications skills, using political savvy. Candidate has worked with other Intelligence Agencies.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/527023800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.