You will serve as a Human Resources Specialist (Classification/Recruitment&Placement) for the Small Business Administration (SBA), Office of Disaster Assistance (ODA), Office of Disaster Personnel - ODP in Herndon, Virginia. This position provides a full range of classification, staffing, and recruitment & placement activities for a wide range of positions in the competitive and excepted service with various work schedules.Learn more about this agency
As a Human Resources Specialist (Classification/Recruitment&Placement) at the GS-0201-12/13 grade, some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Apply classification standards to develop and revise position descriptions (PDs)
- Determine appropriate title, series and grade for positions and conduct desk audits and fact-finding interviews as necessary.
- Write evaluation statements as needed and determine FLSA exemption status for each position.
- Perform job analyses and develop assessment tools in conjunction with supervisors or subject matter experts (SMEs).
- Prepare and review vacancy announcements for positions advertised under both Delegated Examining (DE) and Merit Promotion (MP) and enter them into the USAStaffing automated application system.
- Rate and/or rank applicants based on resumes and other information provided and issue DE and MP certificates for eligible to selecting officials.
- Respond to complaints and inquiries regarding the application and rating process from various stakeholders.
- Complete/code Request for Personnel Action (SF52s) for various types of actions such as accessions, promotions, reassignments, etc.
- Advise management on classification matters and recruitment and placement activities and strategies to meet their needs and objectives.
- This is a Cadre position, which is a competitive service status position with a full-time seasonal work schedule. Although highly unlikely, depending on the level of disaster activity, you may be placed in a non-duty status if there is insufficient work. This would be extremely unusual and has not occurred in numerous years.
- Additional selections may be made from this announcement if identical vacancies occur within 180 days from the closing date.
- Mandatory Overtime: In order to respond quickly and efficiently to disaster survivors, substantial compensated overtime hours may be required during heightened disaster activity
- By applying for this position with SBA's Office of Disaster Assistance, you can enjoy challenging but satisfying work and join a highly motivated and diverse team that helps families and businesses rebuild their lives after a disaster.
- This position is also being announced under Delegated Examining Procedures, announcement # MP-19-022-ODP-10439657. In order to receive consideration as a status candidate, you must apply to the Merit Promotion announcement.
Occasional travel - On occasion, especially during times of substantial disaster activity, you may be required to work overtime and/or travel with little or no advance notice.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/526996000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.