The Loma Linda VA Medical Center is seeking a Primary Care Staff Physician for the Ambulatory Care Service.Learn more about this agency
The Incumbent for this position may be eligible to apply for the Education Debt Reduction Program. Please contact Human Resources at this Medical Center and speak with the Education Debt Reduction Program Coordinator for additional information.
Recruitment/Relocation Incentive may be authorized to a highly-qualified candidate.
The staff physician delivers high-quality Primary Care services, utilizing PACT principles. The Primary Care duties include, but are not limited by the following:
- The evaluation and treatment of various acute and chronic health conditions, illnesses, and injuries;
- The performance of physical examinations;
- The initiation of consultations/referrals to specialty services, as indicated;
- The ordering of diagnostic studies, such as laboratory tests, x-rays, electrocardiograms, etc., in the evaluation and management of acute and chronic conditions;
- The performance of health promotion and disease prevention;· offering education and counseling to patients and families, regarding the patient's health condition and the recommended diagnostic and therapeutic treatment options, to include medications;·the performance of preventive counseling;
- Effective and timely care coordination;
- Completion of medical documentation in accordance with bylaws and rules and regulations of the Medical Staff;
- The collaboration with a multidisciplinary team, including nursing, pharmacy, nutrition, and other health professionals to discuss/determine the best treatment plan for patients.
The VA Loma Linda Healthcare System is affiliated with Loma Linda University School of Medicine. Therefore, the applicant, who is eligible to apply for a faculty appointment, will teach and supervise house staff and medical students within the Loma Linda VA Ambulatory Care Center. Of course, one of the missions of the VHA is its dedication to health care education. As such, the Loma Linda VHA Ambulatory Care team strongly promotes and advocates this mission with a robust educational program with its affiliates.
Work Schedule: Includes an 8-hour shift within the hours of 7:30 am to 5:30 pm, Monday-Friday. May also include a Saturday shift from 8:00 am-Noon.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/526971600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.