This position is part of the Defense Threat Reduction Agency.Learn more about this agency
As a IT SPECIALIST (PLCYPLN) at the GS-2210-13 some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Provides advice and guidance on a wide range and variety of complex IT issues; interpreting IT policies, standards, and guidelines.
- Conduct analyses and recommend resolution of complex issues affecting the specialty area(s).
- Evaluate proposals for the acquisition of IT products or services.
- Serves as a subject matter expert in matters pertaining to information technology requirements gathering, planning, coordination with higher HQ and subordinate commands, and conducts project planning, management and implementation initiatives as assigned.
- Identifies customers' information systems requirements; analyzes information systems requirements or environment; conducts analytical studies and cost-benefit analysis; evaluates, monitors, and ensures compliance with laws, regulations, policies, standards, or procedures.
- Facilitates and automate enterprise-wide business processes and collaborative capabilities across the command.
- Participate in the requirements identification, analysis and proposed solution for current and future IT capabilities.
- Coordinates with a materiel developer to obtain information technology services.
- Ensures appropriate product-related training and documentation are developed and made available to customers.
- Plans and coordinates total systems engineering and integration efforts.
- Negotiates reimbursement from customers and manages obligation of customer funding.
- Considers other related projects, programs and systems and ensures that integration issues are identified and resolved.
- Incumbent has a significant responsibility in defining major and critical problems, for advising management officials of the advantages and disadvantages of various approaches for resolution, and for anticipating the command needs for knowledge and understanding of available alternatives
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/526922800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.