The Defense Civilian Personnel Advisory Service (DCPAS) mission is to be the enterprise leader in the development and delivery of civilian personnel policies and HR solutions that strengthen mission readiness. DCPAS is responsible for developing and delivering civilian personnel policies and human resources solutions to strengthen the Department of Defense (DoD) civilian workforce's mission readiness and enhance all aspects of the total civilian lifecycle.Learn more about this agency
As a SUPERVISORY PROGRAM MANAGER at the GS-0340-14 some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Serving as the Associate Director for the Talent Development Directorate ensuring the successful design, development, implementation, and evaluation of DoD-level enterprise Leader Development Programs for civilians, e.g. the Defense Civilian Emerging Leader Program (DCELP), Executive Leadership Development Program (ELDP), Defense Senior Leader Development Program (DSLDP), Vanguard Senior Executive Development Program, and oversees DoD participation in the White House Leadership Development Program (WHLDP).
- Managing a budget that supports effective program operations, administration, cost effective procurement methods, effective use of technology, and a robust communication/recruitment strategy for all DoD-level enterprise leader development programs.
- Maintaining cooperative working relationships with senior Defense officials, leaders of DoD,external academic institutions, Component staff, Congressional staff, and other professional associates.
- Making presentations to senior leadership; oversees events such as orientation, seminars, and graduation ceremonies.
- Working to ensure that DoD-level enterprise leader development programs are and remain responsive to DoD human capital strategic plans, succession management initiatives, civilian leader development policy, and other planning guidance.
- Supervising subordinates to include, planning work, setting and adjusting short-term priorities, preparing schedules for completion of work, evaluates work performance of subordinates, etc.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/526920000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.