This position supports the supplemental staffing needs of the multiple patient care areas of the hospital as a team member in Clinical Center, the Nursing Department. The ideal candidate will have recent acute care experience in one or more the following specialties:
- Medical Surgical
- Behavioral Health
- Ambulatory (Outpatient) Clinics
- Critical Care.
- Operating Room
- Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU)
- Interventional Radiology
The Per Diem nurses may be unit based or part of the Staffing and Workforce Planning float pool.
If you are selected for this position your responsibilities will include:
- Exercise the full domain of practice for the specialty of clinical research nursing including providing clinical care to research participants, supporting protocol implementation, data collection, continuity of care, human subject's protection and dissemination of clinical research findings. Utilize advanced critical thinking and nursing skills to assess, plan, perform, and evaluate nursing care for individual patients, their families and significant others, who are participants in biomedical research protocols. Care requirements are determined by the scope of study participation, the clinical condition of the patient and the requirements and clinical effects of research procedures. The impact of the research process on patient care is identified and communicated. Interventions adjusted based on findings, and issues/variances reported promptly to the research team. Evidence-based practice is incorporated into nursing practice.
- Support biomedical research through detailed observation, measurement, and accurate data collection related to pertinent assessment as defined by the protocol specifications and the nurse's clinical judgment. Accurately document observations, identify trends and important findings, and effectively communicate this information to the multidisciplinary research team and nursing colleagues.
- Provide patient-focused nursing leadership within the interdisciplinary team and collaborate with team members to create and communicate a plan of care that balances clinical care needs with research needs and allows for safe and effective collection of clinical research data.
- Provide independent direct patient care within competency scope to one or more of the following patient populations: Medical Surgical, Oncology, Pediatrics, Behavioral Health, Ambulatory (Outpatient) Clinics, Critical Care, Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU) or Interventional Radiology.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/526892300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.