This position is part of the, US Trade and Development Agency (USTDA), Sub-Saharan Africa Regional Office. The incumbent will be responsible for maximizing and monitoring the implementation and requirements of the Agency's energy sector projects in that region (including projects that are funded through interagency agreements with USTDA's U.S. government partners).Learn more about this agency
The incumbent serves as a Program Analyst, functionally known as the Implementation Manager, in the Sub-Saharan Africa Regional Office of USTDA. The incumbent is responsible for reviewing project deliverables, recommending adjustments necessary to achieve required results and quality, tracking the changing requirements of financiers, tracking projects through the post-obligation phase to identify and mitigate problems, and documenting project-related successes to share with U.S. industry, U.S. Government and regional stakeholders.
Major duties include:
- Monitor USTDA energy sector projects in sub-Saharan Africa to maximize their success in achieving financing.
- Review project deliverables throughout the life of the project against financing requirements in order to assure adequate quality for bankability.
- Recommend adjustments, as necessary, to achieve required quality.
- Troubleshoot other problems in projects as they arise, including recommending additional USTDA or other resources, as needed to achieve successful implementation.
- Track changing requirements, as imposed by financiers, and communicate with them on project progress.
- Track projects during the post-obligation phase to identify problems and act to mitigate them.
- Identify common obstacles to implementation in the sub-Saharan Africa region. Lead development of solutions.
- Assure, in coordination with USTDA's Grants Specialist, the quality of Final Reports, with particular focus on public version.
- Identify bad actors in projects, and assist in moving projects to close-out, re-bid, or rehabilitation.
- Connect projects to financing resources, complimentary to USG activities.
- Track project-related opportunities and successes and reports them to USTDA's Offices of Public Affairs and Program Monitoring and Evaluation. Assist these offices in explaining and sharing the positive outcomes with U.S. industry, other USG agencies, and other in-country stakeholders.
- Represent and speak for the Regional Director at high-level interagency meetings and working groups. Represent USTDA at industry and regional events where the topic relates to USTDA projects and funding.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/526887500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.