The incumbent of this position serves as a Constituent Services Representative in the Congressional, Legislative & Intergovernmental Affairs (CLIA), Constituent Services (CS) office on Capitol Hill. The incumbent works under the general supervision of the Chief, Constituent Services and is responsible for responding to casework related inquiries from Members of Congress and their staffs, Congressional Committee staff and officials of other Federal agencies.Learn more about this agency
- Provide casework and programmatic advice and lend assistance and guidance to House and Senate members, committees, their staffs, and active and retired Federal employees in response to constituent inquiries concerning OPM programs.
- Interpret and clarify instructions and explain OPM processing procedures in answer to requests concerning constituent casework matters.
- Answer casework correspondence, in writing and verbally, and represent OPM in meetings with congressional staff, their constituents, and Federal employees.
- Write clear, concise and accurate responses to congressional and constituent inquiries.
- Log correspondence using an automated tracking system.
- Assist senior staff with the preparation of monthly and annual reports on pending cases and relevant activities in assigned issue areas.
- Work with senior staff to develop, implement and staff outreach and educational briefings on programs and benefits administered by OPM.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/526855700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.