This position is located in the Bureau of Political-Military Affairs (PM), Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC), Office of Defense Trade Controls Compliance (DTCC). Under the Foreign Assistance Act, the Arms Export Control Act (AECA), and related legislation, DDTC develops policy for and administers U.S. Government controls on the commercial export of defense articles, defense services, and related technical data.Learn more about this agency
- Advises senior management & law enforcement agencies on foreign policy issues, national security implications of administrative compliance investigations, criminal enforcement activities & registration issues regarding defense trade.
- Manages administrative compliance cases, enforcement procedures, investigations and remedies, including facilitating administrative hearings to address civil charges involving export control violations & preparing consent agreements.
- Regularly updates and maintains State Department’s Watch List database of entities of concern, both to comply with the AECA and to support foreign policy implementation via arms export licensing.
- Develops and maintains a list of parties debarred and ineligible to participate in the export of defense articles and services under the ITAR for use by the Department and the defense industry.
- Performs analyses and identifies trends associated with registration, brokering, manufacturing, exports, retransfers, temporary imports and other activities implicating compliance with U.S. export laws and regulations.
Occasional travel - Travel less than 20% is required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/526838800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.