This position is part of the US Trade and Development Agency, Office of Finance. The incumbent will be responsible for providing technical and operational services related to a variety of accounting, budget, financial analysis and reporting tasks.Learn more about this agency
- Monitors the use and rate of expenditure of budgeted funds to ensure a steady funding stream throughout the fiscal year.
- Prepares obligating and payment related documents, including travel items, for processing and recording in the financial and travel systems.
- Assists in the development of the USTDA estimated budget which details known and projected expenditures.
- Reconciles records of all funds and expenses to ensure accuracy, and that expenditures are properly authorized and documented.
- Assists in the preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Reviews financial reports and resolves financial compliance issues.
- Assists in the testing, implementation, coordination and maintenance of the internal financial control system in order to safeguard agency assets and the integrity of the agency?s accounting data and programs.
- Interfaces with the Department of Interior?s Business Center (IBC) on systems matters to ensure financial documentation, reports and transactions are processed accurately and timely.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/526805200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.