This position is located in National Telecommunications and Information Administration's (NTIA), Office of Spectrum Management (OSM), Spectrum Services Division (SSD). This division manages the processes by which federal agencies obtain authorization to access the radio spectrum resource.Learn more about this agency
This Job Opportunity Announcement may be used to fill other Senior Electronics Engineer GS-0855-15 FPL 15 positions within National Telecommunications Information Administration in the same geographical location with the same qualifications and specialized experience.
These processes include both the frequency assignment and spectrum certification activities. Within the SSD, the Systems Review Branch (SRB) provides engineering and technical support to the Spectrum Planning Subcommittee (SPS) of the Interdepartment Radio Advisory Committee. More specifically, the SRB reviews requests from federal agencies for certification of spectrum support for major radio communications systems. For systems under review, the SRB provides formal reports to the SPS documenting the results of its analyses to assist the subcommittee in advising OSM on conditions and constraints to support spectrum certification.
Duties for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Serves as a Senior Engineer in the Spectrum Services Division and as Chairman of the IRAC Spectrum Planning Subcommittee (SPS) and lead the SPS in assisting NTIA with Federal equipment certification.
- Maintain communications with subordinates, supervisors, NTIA senior leadership, and representatives of other federal agencies; develop performance plans and conduct reviews; instruct staff concerning work expectations; complete and document formal performance evaluations; respond to managerial requests for information; monitor activities and output of branch; maintain productivity/production records and statistics; communicate with both internal and external customers.
- Evaluate and analyze current programs and policies, assess proposals to resolve problems related to spectrum management issues which have been identified and analyzed by the staff or others, develop and recommend required policy and/or procedural changes
- Advise and assist other Federal departmental offices concerning telecommunications and spectrum management issues; participate in spectrum planning activities with other government agencies; review and evaluate the current use and allocation of the radio spectrum; support studies that address how use of the electromagnetic spectrum in best serves the national interest.
- Represent NTIA on spectrum management matters with outside organizations, which may include serving as a convener or vice convener to an established advisory council, or as an NTIA representative to an ad hoc committee or inter-agency working group; and ensuring that the proceedings of these groups are documented; interact regularly with senior communications managers and radio frequency management personnel in all Federal departments and agencies that utilize the radio spectrum to carry out their missions. These agencies primarily include bureaus within the Executive Branch of the Federal government.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/526769400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.