This position is located at the Phoenix VA Health Care System (PVAHCS), Fiscal Service in Phoenix, AZ. Under the supervision of the Supervisory Financial Administrative Specialist, the Civilian Payroll Technician will be responsible for processing payroll and retroactive adjustments and other technical and administrative duties pertinent to the payroll operations at the PVAHCS.Learn more about this agency
Major duties of the Civilian Payroll Technician include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure proper application of pay regulations, public laws, consistency of input in the actions of appointments, reassignments, awards, separations, and retroactive adjustments;
- Pulls, calculates, processes data for multiple public laws with various complex instructions and procedures;
- Stays informed on public laws and procedures developed for pulling required information, calculating pay adjustments, pay outs, processing transactions or submitting remedy tickets and other system requirements;
- Coordinates and resolves pay problems with employees and other payroll staff at the PVAHCS;
- Receives and prepares responses for requests from VACO, Austin FSC Payroll and other offices throughout VISN 22, financial institutions, mortgage companies, the Treasury Department, IRS, employee union representatives, and various other points of contact;
- Conducts regular training throughout the PVAHCS with timekeepers, ensuring compliance with local and national policy and procedures including the recently passed and continually evolving public laws;
- Adjusts to frequent changes made to computer systems, (OLDE, ETA, MyPay, VISTA, VATAS, etc.) as the result of changes in laws and pay regulations;
- Initiates and processes timecards for retroactive adjustments and payroll processing;
- Submits and certifies as to the accuracy of all data submitted in PAID to the Corporate Franchise Data Center, Austin Texas. Receives and controls the routing of all input and output documents processed under the PAID system, and initiates actions to obtain corrected input for rejected data;
- Processes complex pay adjustments which may involve transfers between pay systems differing in pay, leave, and benefit entitlements;
- Applies Federal pay and leave laws, rules, regulations, VA agency policy and VISN 22 policies regarding entitlements to overtime, differentials, hazardous duty, holiday and special rates, premium pay allowances; and
- Consistently communicates and treats customers (veterans, their representatives, visitors, and all VA staff,) in a courteous, tactful, and respectful manner.
Telework: Not available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Civilian Pay Technician~/12013-A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/526742700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.