This position is located in the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), National Institutes of Health (NIH), Office of the Director (OD), Executive Office (EO), Office of Science Policy (OSP).Learn more about this agency
The scope of responsibilities of the position encompasses the full range of science and public policy relevant to NIH's biomedical research enterprise.
- Serves as an NIH resource and subject matter expert on matters involving clinical research issues; identifying and tracking emerging issues in bioethics and oversight of human subjects research that are likely to have relevance to NIH and HHS.
- Prepares directives, issuances, memoranda, policy statements, and legislative proposals to introduce new initiatives and to recommend effective operations consistent with overall program objectives.
- Develops plans to translate and disseminate research advances and health information to targeted stakeholder groups to ensure their successful adoption within the community.
- Provides technical advice and assistance in monitoring, managing, and evaluating related grants, cooperative agreements, or other resource sharing arrangements.
- Analyzes complex public health policies, programs, and statistical standards to advise senior management on public health policies, operations, products, and services
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/526734200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.