This position is located in the Dental Service at the James A. Haley Veterans Hospital, Primary Care Annex. The service provides a full range of dental treatment including: specialty services such as prosthodontics, periodontics, oral maxillofacial prosthetics, general dentistry, and oral surgery. The Dental Service has digital x-ray and an in-house full-service laboratory.Learn more about this agency
Major Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provides assistance to customers with questions or concerns, provides service recovery when appropriate.
- Upholds VA customer service standards.
- Sets up operatory and/or surgery suite for planned dental procedure and cleans dental unit for timely turnover.
- Performs chairside dental assisting skills proficiently and efficiently including expanded functions. Passes instruments safely, accurately, and efficiently
- Maintains both routine and specialty dental equipment per manufacturer instructions and dental service standards
- Prepares dental medicaments and impression materials per manufacturer's instructions
- Assists in specialized dental procedures, such as oral surgery, periodontics,prosthodontics, implant placement, and restoration.
- Demonstrates proper infection control procedures in setting up and cleaning operatories.
- Assists in filling gaps in the doctor's schedule due to cancelations and failed appointments.
- Assists dentist in charting findings and treatment plans in patient records.
- Makes denture impression trays, prepares bite rims, and pours models.
- Maintains patient confidentiality per HIPAA with written and verbal information.
- Follows computer security regulations.
- Works to actively ensure patient safety.
- Complies with VA education requirements.
- Supports all dental teams; actively displays Teamwork.
- Assists with any other duties as assigned.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/526725800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.