The Financial Management Branch Is responsible for advising the Institute Director, Deputy Director, Executive Officer, and other senior staff In the financial management aspects of the planning, formulation, execution, and evaluation of the Institute's programs.Learn more about this agency
Major duties include but are not limited to:
- Manage and perform the fiduciary responsibilities associated with the financial and budget administration system which ensures against over-obligation of funds and avoids the premature release of budget authority levels in excess of those appropriated, authorized or distributed by law.
- Coordinates the formulation of the budget for the assigned program area according to guidelines from NIH, DHHS and OMB. Areas may include intramural and/or extramural activities as well as administrative support. Analyzes budget revisions and provide assigned program area with evaluation and guidance on budget submissions - both narrative and tabular. Tracks all financial decisions affecting work in the assigned areas.
- Recommends adjustments, such as redistribution of funds, in response to changes in programs, IC policy, and/or availability of funds. Identifies proposals that would result in the need for reprogramming of funds and brings such issues to the attention of both the program manager and the supervisor. Analyzes and evaluates continual changes in program plans and funding and their effect on financial and budget program milestones.
- Prepare background material for use in briefings to officials scheduled to appear before Congressional appropriations committees; including compiling narrative and statistical material and preparing exhibits and background information.
- Formulate and develop future budgetary requirements for complex mechanisms of support, using historical data, trend analysis and relevant funding patterns.
- Analyze specific budgetary and fiscal areas of special concern and recommend procedures and methods for change, many of which required continuing or long-range analysis.
- Provide advice and recommendations on all aspects of budget to program officials and managers and develop proposed budgetary policy and procedural guidance for subordinate program offices.
- Monitor all mechanisms that support the intramural and extramural programs, including any reimbursements and co-funding support. Allocate funds to cover future objectives.
- Oversee all facets of the funds management function; in particular, budget execution, funds allocation, and funds control.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/526710400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.