Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Office of Policy Research and the incumbent has full responsibility for overseeing USAGM's research program related to the reach and impact of the Agency's programming, which includes designing, executing, supervising, presenting, and overseeing all management and programmatic research activities. This requires the incumbent to work closely with USAGM and Network leadership to manage a research staff and oversee research contractors.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Develops and oversees the implementation of a multi-year global media research strategy and activities in consultation with the Chief Strategy Officer.
- Consults with the Research Directors from each of USAGM's Networks to create and execute an annual research plan.
- Measures global audience and key trends and assesses impact to the program.
- Represents the Agency in dealing with external research clients.
- Negotiates and provides oversight on all research contracts, including the International Audience Research Projects (IARP), as well as qualitative, digital, and experimental research projects funded by USAGM.
- Oversees the formulation and execution of the Office's research budget and prepares and oversees research projects in coordination with USAGM's Network Research Directors and OPR research staff and contractors.
- Provides general oversight, as well as annual reports on performance to OMB and Congress, USAGM's OIG, and other entities upon request.
- Manages the creation and management of research and business intelligence tools that enable USAGM to research raw data and refined work products to be accessed over digital platforms, e.g. via SharePoint and/or systems to generate streamlined work-flows.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/526696100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.