This announcement is issued under the Direct Hire Authority (DHA) to recruit for positions for which there is a critical hiring need. Selectee(s) will receive a career or career-conditional appointment in the competitive service and may be required to serve a one year probationary period.
Who May be Considered:
- U.S. Citizens
- View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
Learn more about this agency
Joining the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) means being part of the team focused on securing the Nation's physical and cyber infrastructure against threats to public health and safety, economy, and national security. Within CISA, the National Cybersecurity and Communications Integration Center (NCCIC) serves to reduce the risk of systemic cybersecurity and communications challenges in our role asthe Nation's flagship cyber defense, incident response, and operational integration center. The NCCIC Current Operations (COPS) Branch oversees the NCCIC's 24x7x365 watch function, which includesreceiving, monitoring, triaging, tracking, coordinating, and reporting cyber and communicationsevent activity to provide shared situational awareness and to protect federal networks andbroader cyberspace. The watch serves as the NCCIC's primary entry point for all incoming reporting and service requests as well as task triage, routing and dissemination to NCCIC elements.
Visit www.dhs.gov/cisa to learn more about CISA and how you can be part of the team to Defend Today; Secure Tomorrow.
In this position the incumbent performs the following duties:
- Serve as the CISA's primary entry point for all incoming reporting and service and task triage, routing and dissemination to CISA elements.
- Coordinate enhanced efforts with cyber and communications stakeholders for situational awareness on major cyber incidents and communications events; an
- Review and evaluate cyber related events and escalate incidents and events across the CISA including tracking, monitoring, and reporting to appropriate stakeholders.
- Understand the evolving cyber threat environment and maintain proactive awareness and coordinate with key CISA stakeholders for awareness and response as appropriate.
Any offers of employment made pursuant to this announcement will be consistent with all applicable authorities, including Presidential Memoranda, Executive Orders, interpretive U.S. Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) guidance, and Office of Management and Budget plans and policies concerning hiring.
These authorities are subject to change.
More than one selection may be made from this announcement.
Appointments are subject to the availability of funds.
Occasional travel - One to five nights travel per month required for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/526677000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.