The Supervisory Biomedical Engineer is responsible for the hospital-wide Clinical Engineering Program serving all Services throughout the Togus Medical Center and its state of the art, modern outpatient clinics, Home Based Health Care and Research. He serves as a consultant to the Associate Director and VISN 1 Chief, Clinical Engineer and is administratively under the VISN 1 Chief, Clinical Engineer.Learn more about this agency
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Serves as institutional expert who directly supports the most complex and specialized clinical technology including service, system administration, training, and quality assurance.
- Provides highly technical and professional services that directly impact the delivery of healthcare affecting large complex services that encompass the Maine area as well as Medical Centers throughout the VISN.
- Responsible for developing and improving complex medical equipment systems by working closely with the Project Engineering staff in developing performance specifications, safety specifications, and Human Factors Engineering specifications, as well as establishing installation, and maintenance procedures.
- Develops policies and guidelines for the installation, maintenance, safety and application of all major modalities of Biomedical Instrumentation.
- Responsible for compliance with the Safe Medical Device Act as it affects Clinical Engineering, and will act as the technical liaison to the administration for Clinical Engineering on issues involving the Safe Medical Device Act.
- Acts as technical consultant and project manager for GS-12 and GS-11 Engineers and technicians who must often rely on the incumbent to help coordinate and provide technical knowledge.
- Plans work to be accomplished by subordinates, sets and adjusts short-term priorities, and prepares schedules for completion of work.
- Develops performance standards and evaluates work performance of subordinates.
- Gives advice counsel or instruction to subordinate employees relating to technical matters.
- Identifies developmental and training needs of employees and provides or arranges for needed development and training.
- Exercises significant responsibility in dealing with officials of other units or organizations, or in advising management officials of higher rank including physicians and clinical staff.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: May be authorized for this position to a highly qualified candidate.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/526676900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.