This position is located within the Office of Research and Development (ORD), Veterans Health Administration Central Office. ORD consists of four services: Biomedical Laboratory Research and Development, Clinical Service Research and Development, Health Service Research and Development, and Rehabilitation Research and Development. ORD also supports the Technology Transfer Program (TTP) and the Program for Research Integrity Development and Education (PRIDE).Learn more about this agency
The incumbent will serve as the Senior Regulatory Affairs Officer. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Serving as the primary ORD executive for laboratory research safety and security programs.
- Developing and evaluating policy and implementation of laboratory research safety and security requirements and programs.
- Consulting regularly with stakeholders and interest groups to respond to major health research compliance and assurance issues.
- Triaging questions regarding research, regulations, and VA policy or the various stakeholders in research and research oversight.
- Answering consults directly informally or taking them to the regulatory action group in ORD to issue a formal interpretation of research policy that will be communicated in writing, over the signature of the Chief, Research and Development Officer (CRADO) or his/her designee.
- Developing and implementing on going educational programs for field research personnel including investigators and study staff, facility Research and Development (R&D) office personnel; Institutional Review Board chairs, R&D Committee Chairs, members, and administrators, and other VA facility staff that provide oversight or support to research.
- Assisting the Director, PRIDE, and other senior-level staff in developing national level policies and guidelines.
- Supervising regulatory and education staff.
- Assigning and reviewing work of subordinate staff to ensure compliance with PRIDE, ORD, and VA policies and procedures.
- Overseeing the development of and approving performance appraisal plans for subordinate staff.
Work schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Available
Position Description Title/PD#: Health Science Specialist (Senior Regulatory Affairs Officer)/ 026140
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized
PCS Expenses: Not authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/526675200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.