The Inpatient/Specialty Clinical Section Chief is the supervisor for the administration of inpatient clinical nutrition services, as well as other clinical nutrition services that do not directly report to the Outpatient/MOVE Clinical Section Chief in ECHCS. Inpatient Clinical Section Chief is responsible for planning, directing, coordinating, and evaluating clinical nutrition services.Learn more about this agency
- Must be able to perform all duties of subordinate registered dietitians.
- Functions as a professional and technical advisor to staff, and others throughout the medical center.
- Ensures that materials utilized and care provided is based on current literature, practice and research.
- Develops and implements nutrition care protocols using principles of evidence-based practice to establish and/or improve care guidelines. Evaluates the care given to patients to assure compliance with standards.
- Assists the Food Operations Manager in reviewing menus, planning for emergencies, responding to staffing emergency situations
- Directs the provision of nutrition therapy by supervising the activities of clinical dietitians
- Develops and implements nutrition care policies, procedures, guidelines for compliance with regulatory requirements
- Develops and implements Performance Improvement and Quality Assurance projects. Guides and leads subordinate staff with their projects ensuring objective data driven processes.
- Prepares and submits a variety of reports
- Responsible for overseeing subordinates and holding them accountable to providing care per policy, procedure, scope of practice, functional statement etc.
- Maintains the knowledge required for complex investigative processes and techniques.
- Sets priorities, analyzes organizational problems, analyzes staffing and workload, creates staffing plans, assigns work schedules, develops and implements effective solutions to problems.
- Promotes all N&FS employees operating as an effective working team utilizing constructive coaching techniques through individual and group communications.
- Develops and/or revises policies and procedures for N&FS, assisting other section chiefs as assigned.
Work Schedule: Tour within 5:00 AM - 8:00 PM
NOTE: Candidate must be willing to work weekends, holidays, irregular work hours and extended hours. The candidate must be willing to be placed, detailed or temporarily assigned to other related services and/or locations, if necessary.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Functional Statement: Inpatient/Specialty Clinical Section Chief -- Supervisory Dietitian GS 12
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/526600100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.