The Human Exploration and Operations Mission Directorate (HEOMD), Space Life and Physical Sciences Research and Applications (SLPSRA) Division seeks a highly skilled individual to serve as the Program Manager for Physical Sciences.Learn more about this agency
This position is being announced in conjunction with vacancy announcement number HQ19D0013 open to all U.S. citizens and nationals. Only one position will be filled as a result of these two vacancy announcements.
- Serves as a subject-matter expert in providing leadership and direction in science, engineering, and program/project management for this program (www.nasa.gov/content/physical-sciences-research-program).
- Oversees management of the Physical Sciences Research Program. Works with the Physical Sciences Program Scientist to establish and set the organizational strategic direction, goals, structure, processes and culture.
- Leads the development of program and project concepts, enhancements, integration, and management approaches in light of technical requirements, costs, schedule and risk.
- Directs complex programs and projects with multiple associated interfaces including three supporting NASA field centers, other government agencies, and international partners.
- Serves as a recognized technical authority to NASA scientists and engineers and consults on the most challenging problems in space physical and life science research and engineering systems development.
- Provides authoritative and comprehensive advice and assistance to ensure the Physical Sciences Research Program is managed at the NASA Centers in an integrated manner based on Agency and national space physical science program requirements.
- Serves as the Agency level decision maker for largely undefined space physical sciences Center management issues and elements requiring extensive probing and analysis.
- Develops, prepares, analyzes, and validates near- and long-range budget planning estimates that support the program's science mission objectives and related research work.
- Interprets and implements Agency approved program financial management resources and regulatory directives.
- Establishes organizational policy to ensure that statutory and administrative provisions governing the expenditure and stewardship of Government funds are followed.
25% or less - Travel may be required for training or other work-related duties
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/526579000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.