The United States Marshals Service (USMS) is the nation's oldest and most versatile federal law enforcement agency. The missions of the Service include protection of the judiciary, court security, witness security, asset seizure and forfeiture, apprehension of fugitives, prisoner transportation and custody.
OFFICE OF CONGRESSIONAL AFFAIRS (OCA) / ARLINGTON, VA
OCA's role is to ensure that Congress supports and strengthens USMS missions through financial resources and legislative authority.Learn more about this agency
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Providing legislative and policy analysis for the Office of the Director, assisting with the Presidentially appointed Marshals Nomination Process, and acting as a legislative liaison between USMS, DOJ, and other federal agencies.
- Providing special expertise and knowledge to USMS senior management on legislation affecting USMS and the interests and concerns of Members of Congress and congressional committees.
- Preparing detailed analyses and presentations regarding newly enacted or pending legislation affecting USMS.
- Assisting in the coordination, development and tracking of USMS policy proposals and legislative agendas.
- Drafting oral and written testimony, briefing papers and legislative backup materials to Congress for the USMS Director and Presidentially appointed U.S. Marshals.
- Assisting Members of Congress and their staffs with inquiries about USMS program and policy matters and pending legislation.
50% or less - Up to 50% travel is required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/526553300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.