The Richard L. Roudebush VA Medical Center is currently recruiting for nine (9) Full-time, Permanent, Housekeeping Aids. These positions will be located in the Environmental Management Services (EMS).Learn more about this agency
ResponsibilitiesIncumbent is responsible for all phases of cleaning and special procedures in the scope of environmental sanitation. The Housekeeping Aid duties include, but are not limited to:
- Sweeping, dusting, mopping, scrubbing, stripping, refinishing, buffing, window and all washing and other related cleaning duties
- Selecting and preparing the proper cleaning solutions for the various environmental surfaces
- Operating all types of cord/line and battery powered cleaning equipment, self propelled scrubbing machines, burnishers, stripping equipment, polishers, vacuums, wet vac and spill and "flood" pick up equipment and other electrical equipment
- Handling soiled linen
- Collecting and disposing of infectious red-bag wasted, trash and garbage
- Replenishing soap, towel, tissue dispensers and deodorizing containers
- Hanging curtains or draperies, terminal cleaning of bed units
- Making beds, sanitizing furniture and fixtures, and performing other related duties as assigned to keep work areas clean, orderly and attractive.
Position Description Title/PD#: Housekeeping Aid/3332-A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/526513700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.