The National Museum of African American History and Culture's primary purposes are to acquire, maintain and preserve objects which document social, cultural, political, military, technological and scientific developments in the United States related to the African American experience; to conduct research in the field of African American history, to publish findings for all audiences; and interpret historical developments through public exhibits and programs as well as digital content.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Office of Curatorial Affairs, Smithsonian Institution, National Museum of African American History and Culture (NMAAHC). The purpose of the position is to assist the Museum Curator of Sports with research and planning in connection with programs, publications and media associated with the sports gallery and other sports-related initiatives and works in close collaboration with other Office of Curatorial staff working on sports related initiatives and other programs and projects. Duties include:
- performing a variety of duties related to the delivery of sports-related programming for NMAAHC;
- serving as a central point of contact to provide guidance and explanation of requirements, regulations, and procedures related to administrative operations;
- updating supporting requirements (e.g., personnel, equipment and facilities) for the operation of the program;
- providing telephone coverage by answering phone or arranging coverage by other staff or answering machine; and
- producing written drafts of various correspondence for senior staff review and dissemination; responding to mail and email; drafting and editing material based on past practice, verbal instructions and knowledge of office programs.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/526506900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.