This position is located in the Fiscal Management Service of the VA Medical Center in Washington DC.Learn more about this agency
The Supervisory Civilian Pay Technician is responsible for responsible for some of the payroll functions for approximately 2800 employees in the Washington DC Metropolis.
Duties include, but not limited to the following:
- Provides technical advice and assistance on implementation and operation of the Civilian Payroll automated systems to include PAID, VISTA, DCPS, VATAS, and DFAS Remedy;
- Responsible for technical review of benefit and entitlement programs (e.g. advanced FEHB, Thrift Savings Plan, FEGLI, Voluntary Leave Transfer Program, Military Service Deposits, OWCP Leave buyback) which involves advising, processing, coordinating, and resolving Payroll & Accounting System (FMS) and management issues;
- Identifies and make changes, create training aides, and implement skill level improvements for the payroll technicians;
- Provides advice and guidance on the operation, continual maintenance and use of automated Payroll systems;
- Prepares and coordinates operating instructions related to systems operations;
- Serves as a representative for coordination of system support requirements with VA information management staff;
- Protects file containing sensitive data in accordance with the provisions applicable laws, federal regulations, VA status policy and VHA policy;
- Mentors and trains the Payroll Techs on current trends, practices and alerts;
- Responsible for daily processing instructions with the processing activity for scheduling update and/or reentry, action processing, system releases, and system implementation;
- Reviews PAID, HR Smart and DFAS processing reports and information to determine processing problems with benefit and payroll information to coordinate a solution for the employee with VACO and DFAS;
- Prepares special or periodic reports on findings, recommends corrective actions;
- Participate as a key team member for cyclic audit of civilian payroll actions that are initiate by Civilian Payroll Technicians;
- Provides a variety of reports to Management quizzing a good working knowledge of spreadsheets, graphs, and good communication skills;
- Monitors workflow and internal controls within payroll to ensure compliance with annual audits of the section as required by Veteran Affairs Central Office.
Work Schedule: Full-Time, Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:30pm
Telework: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/526491400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.