This position is located in the Registration Department of the Smithsonian National Museum of African Art (NMAfA). The employee is responsible for Collections Management activities in the areas of accessioning and deaccessioning, incoming and outgoing loans, object movement, packing and shipping, care, handling, and storage of objects in the museum’s custody, as well as the ethical and legal documentation issues associated with these activities.Learn more about this agency
- Maintains primary responsibility for coordinating the safe movement and storage of works of art within the museum and offsite storage.
- Coordinates the efficient function of storage spaces, including arrangement of cyclical cleaning, and equipment maintenance.
- Provides support with Museum collection deposits and acquisitions, and all documentation and tracking process.
- Assists with domestic and international loans to and from the Museum, and ensures the accountability of all NMAfA collection objects under loan contract.
- Assists the Museum's exhibition team with the installation and deinstallation of temporary and permanent exhibitions.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/526451600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.