The IT Specialist will serve as a lead application developer in the Information Technology and Data Analysis Division and performs a variety of application development related duties that include, but are not limited to: development, maintenance, and support of the VA OIG’s Case Management System.Learn more about this agency
The IT Specialist performs the following duties:
- Lead the design, development, and implementation of the VA OIG’s Case Management System.
- Responsible for the application support and maintenance for the VA OIG’s Case Management System.
- Serve as the subject matter expert in web-based application development, relational database management, object oriented design, and data modeling.
- Work with project stakeholders to develop technical requirements that meet the needs of specific lines of business
- Ensure the application of security and information assurance principles and practices to the delivery of application software services.
- Work as a member of the VA OIG applications team to design, build, maintain, and continuously improve a wide range of applications and systems.
- Evaluate and integrate third party tools to existing system.
- Provide training to VA OIG employees in using VA OIG applications as necessary. Prepares simple written instructions to be used as a reference by VA OIG employees.
25% or less - Travel may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/526438800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.