As a Pathways Intern, you will have an opportunity to explore the Department of the Interior's mission, responsibilities and role to our Nation. You will also learn about the Federal work environment and discover the opportunities available through Public Service.
So come spend some time with our team as we fulfill our mission of "Protecting America's Great Outdoors and Powering our future".
**THIS ANNOUNCEMENT HAS BEEN EXTENDED AND WILL CLOSE EFFECTIVE 11:59 PM ET on March 16, 2019**Learn more about this agency
At the full performance level GS-03 the major duties of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Receives and directs telephone calls or visitors.
2. Processes incoming and outgoing mail.
3. Maintains a filing system containing both hard copy and electronic documents.
4. Locates, gathers and provides to requestor, files that need to be retrieved from various filing locations.
5. Uses computers and a variety of office equipment (this includes printers, copiers, fax machines and scanners) to develop correspondence, spreadsheets, memos, forms and other standardized documents.
6. Performs data entry for a variety of administrative functional areas such as: budget and finance, travel, property, purchasing and supply.
7. Assists with keeping records for time and attendance, posting of fiscal expenditures, receipt and ordering of supplies and equipment.
This position is located within the U.S. Department of the Interior, National Park Service (NPS), Accounting Operations Center (AOC), Financial Operations, in Herndon, VA. The AOC is the centralized financial headquarters of the NPS and provides a variety of services to the NPS park units, offices, employees, contractors, and customers/vendors.
The purpose of this position is to provide a meaningful employment opportunity in the Administrative Support occupation and may involve specific administrative task/work assignments and a variety of activities and assignments including working with technical, administrative and professional staff in support of office programs and activities to gain practical work experience.
The National Park Service has determined that the duties of this position are not suitable for telework. The selectee should physically work in the office so that they can receive appropriate training/guidance from the office staff; therefore, telework is not an option.
Salary Information: GS-03: $14.16 – $18.40 per hour. First time hires to the Federal government normally start at the lower salary range of the grade level.
NOTE: YOU MUST be able to type a minimum of forty (40) words-per-minute and have this skill clearly described in your resume.
Applicants must be able to work in the Herndon, VA duty location throughout the duration of the Pathways Internship.
Duration of Appointment / Job Status: This is a temporary (NTE one (1) year position with the possibility of extension) appointment in the Excepted Service. The student trainee may work up to 25 hours per week during school sessions and is expected to work full-time up to 40 hours per week during school breaks and summer.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/526328800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.