The incumbent is a professional social worker assigned to the Domiciliary Residential Rehabilitation and Treatment Program (DRRTP). The incumbent must use a high level of skill in assessing and treating the complicated psychosocial problems of Veterans as they transition from the DRRTP to appropriate discharge arrangements.Learn more about this agency
The major functions of this position entail both clinical and administrative responsibilities. Some of the major duties of this position include, and are not limited to:
- Independently work with Veterans and the heir families who are experiencing a wide range of complicated medical, psychiatric, emotional, behavioral, and psychosocial problems.
- Complete thorough psychosocial assessments to determine the psychosocial functioning and needs of Veterans and/or their families.
- Participate as a member of the interdisciplinary treatment team and actively participate through collaboration with Veterans and family as well as interdisciplinary treatment team members in the development and. implementation of a resident centered treatment plan.
- Facilitate discharge planning through collaboration with Veterans and their families as well as interdisciplinary treatment team members to ensure that appropriate discharge plans are executed in a timely manner.
- Serves as a liaison between Veterans and/or their families and VA and community resources to ensure thorough delivery of services.
- Provides consultation and education to Veterans and their families regarding community resources, VA benefits and specialty programs, and advance directives.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing with people from varied backgrounds.
- Serves on committees, work groups, and task forces at the facility as deemed appropriate by the supervisor and Chief of Social Work Services.
- Provides assistance with the orientation and learning of less experienced social workers and, if interested, to serve as a preceptor for social work students.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skill in the use of software applications for drafting documents and data management as well as other computer systems in use by the VHA.
- Maintains a level of productivity and quality consistent with the complexity of the assignment and consistent with Social Work standards, Joint Commission standards, and facility standards.
- Communicates with supervisor apprised of problems and recommended solutions to problems encountered in the incumbent's area of responsibility.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8 A.M. - 4:30 P.M.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/526310900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.