Marine Corps Community Services (MCCS) is looking for the best and brightest to join our Team! MCCS is a comprehensive program that supports and enhances the quality of life for Marines, their families, and others in the Marine Corps Community. We offer a team oriented environment comprised of military personnel, civilian employees, contractors and volunteers who keep the organization functioning smoothly and effectively.Learn more about this agency
Serves as a special staff officer and subject matter expert to the commander. Assists the commander in developing, managing, and sustaining prevention and support programs and activities for the command’s Sexual Assault Prevention and Response Program (SAPR) area of responsibility (AOR). Is responsible for all SAPR related functions and provides direct oversight of the command’s SAPR program to ensure an integrated and transparent response capability and system accountability for sexual assault awareness, prevention, response, training, and victim care.
Provides guidance and technical assistance to the commander to include:
- Ensuring a 24/7 response capability for victims of sexual assault across the scope of the AOR;
- Providing direct and indirect services;
- Meeting all training requirements and training SAPR personnel, as needed
- Conducting the Marine Corps Command Resource Brief;
- Overseeing marketing of the SAPR program to include SAPR content on the command website(s) and promoting the SAPR Program by encouraging victims to come forward for service;
- Developing SAPR program guidance and reporting protocols and ensuring implementation, as applicable;
- Monitoring trends and recommending appropriate actions to mitigate risks and/or improve services provided;
- Conducting site assist visits, monitoring protocols and execution to ensure reporting requirements have been met;
- Establishing protocols for accurate and timely collection of specified data for input into the United States Marine Corps (USMC)/DoD sanctioned databases, e.g., the Defense Sexual Assault Incident Database, or case management system, as required;
- Coordinating all taskers with a nexus to sexual assault;
- Developing reports requiring a working knowledge of legal and regulatory statutes as they relate to varied sexual assault incidents, counseling and medical support situations, law enforcement actions, records and database management requirements;
- Ensuring compliance with DoD, Department of Navy (DON), and USMC policies and directives;
- Formulating and monitoring the budget for the program authorized and funded by the agency, and managing day-to-day operations to ensure compliance with mission, function, operation;
- Understand and adhere to the D-SAACP Code of Professional Ethics;
- May perform duties of an Installation SARC when directed by policy and supported by commander’s AOR
Is supervised by the appointing commander who may designate a command or supporting Marine Corps Community Services
Handles sensitive information that is proprietary, privileged, confidential or otherwise legally exempt from disclosure. Safeguards sensitive information and prevents unauthorized reading, printing, retaining, copying or dissemination of information, messages, or correspondence in accordance with rules and regulations such as those covered by the Privacy Act, 5 USC 552(a), Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, Public Law 104-191, and DoD Directive 6025.18.
Due to the nature of work in this position, the incumbent may serve in an “on call” duty status outside of normal work hours that includes remaining in a reasonable call back radius, carrying a cell phone or pager; staffing the 24/7 Support line duty as needed; regularly checking email to respond to crises; remaining in a state of readiness to perform work with limitations on pursuing outside leisure activities; and/or reporting to a designated post of duty to be ready to or perform work.
May travel to complete work assignments, conduct or attend meetings, training events, site assist visits, court hearings, or inspections. All other SAPR-related duties, as required, to include support of command Memoranda of Understanding, Memoranda of Agreement, or Inter-Service Support Agreements. Conducts other duties as assigned.
25% or less - Varies
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/526286800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.