About the Position: This position is located at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, in the Department of Medicine, Nephrology Clinic. Tour of duty is generally 80 hours per pay period, Monday - Saturday 0600-1830 with an on-call rotation for nights and weekends.Learn more about this agency
This is a Direct Hire Solicitation
- Provide care based on patient's physical and emotional condition and the patient's plan of care.
- Observe changing condition and participate in nursing care plans in accordance with recognized standards of nursing practice and prescribed medical treatment.
- Perform brief physical assessment of patient to determine the fluid replacement needed to initiate or terminate dialysis based on standing physician orders.
- Treatment and assesses patients, pre-, intra-and post-dialysis condition.
- Monitor and record vital signs.
- Make appropriate adjustments to blood pump settings and pressure monitors.
- Make connections to hemodialysis intake and return lines.
- Initiate extracorporeal circulation; monitor patients during dialysis procedures.
- Assesses patient response to the dialysis procedure.
- Perform dialysis for patients in intensive care units to include post-operative surgical, trauma, and burn patients; and assist with post procedure education and teaching for patient and family.
- Assess patency and location of graft/fistula relative to patients? arm anatomy.
- Assess signs and symptoms of infection related to grafts, fistulas, and temporary dialysis catheter entry sites.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/526285500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.