This position is for a Primary Care Physician Assistant for a Community Based Outpatient Clinic in Lynchburg. The physician directly responsible to the Chief of Primary Care Service Line and accountable for the provision of direct patient care and for the delivery of quality care to a culturally diverse population with complex needs. The Physician will be responsible for collaborating with a Patient Aligned Care Team (PACT) in coordinating care for Veterans locally and at the Salem VAMC.Learn more about this agency
Responsibilities and duties include but are not limited to:
- Performing histories and physical examinations.
- Providing and coordinating medical care for assigned patients in any care setting including establishing diagnoses, formulating and implementing care plans, and follow-up care.
- Screening patients to determine the need for further health care.
- Ordering diagnostic studies, and other special tests such as MRI, CT Scans, etc.
- Carrying out health promotions, disease prevention activities, and patient education.
- Ordering or obtaining laboratory specimens.
- Ordering ancillary services. (For example: Pharmacy, Social Services, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation therapies, Prosthetic Services etc.)
- Ordering VA specialty service consults and initiating requests for non-VA (fee basis) consults in accordance with VHA and local facility policy and procedures.
- Perform Administrative duties (such as: quality assurance; peer reviews; serving on committees; strategic planning; scheduling; inventories; equipment safety checks; development, review and revision of policies and procedures; Patient Aligned Care Team/PACT Teamlet Leaders, clinic or program managers and other non-clinical tasks as deemed necessary by Service Chief or Administration).
- Emergency preparedness duties that may arise as a result of national health disasters.
- Providing education and counseling of patients and families in preventive care, medical conditions, and the use of prescribed treatments and drugs.
Work Schedule: Full Time; 7:45 am to 4:30 pm
Financial Discloser Report: Not required
Education Debt Repayment Plan (EDRP): This position is eligible for Education Debt Repayment Plan (EDRP) based upon the availability of funds. Award amounts are determined after review of complete EDRP application and supporting documentation. Final approval by the Under Secretary for Health or designated official verifies EDRP.
Occasional travel - May have to travel to Salem VAMC for training or meetings.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/526199500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.