This announcement is issued under the Direct Hire Authority (DHA) to recruit for positions for which there is a critical hiring need. Selectee(s) will receive a career or career-conditional appointment in the competitive service and may be required to serve a one year probationary period.
Who May be Considered:
- U.S. Citizens
- View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
Appointments are subject to the availability of funds. Learn more about this agency
Joining the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) means being part of the team focused on securing the Nation's physical and cyber infrastructure against threats to public health and safety, economy, and national security. Within CISA, the Cybersecurity Division leads cybersecurity efforts for CISA as the Nation's flagship civilian cyber defense organization. The division collaborates with partners across the government and private sector to enhance the Nation's cybersecurity by sharing information, providing cybersecurity services and technical assistance, as well as through education and awareness.
Visit www.dhs.gov/cisa to learn more about CISA and how you can be part of the team to Defend Today; Secure Tomorrow.
Typical work assignments include:
- Serve as a technical advisor to the Systems Infrastructure & Operations Chief on the efficiency, effectiveness, policies, processes, and direction of National Cybersecurity Protection System (NCPS) Operations and Maintenance (O&M) capabilities and provide oversight of NCPS sustainment, security, logistics, and core infrastructure daily operations.
- Manage and operate a security operations center for unclassified, secret and top secret networks providing 24x7 continuous monitoring and response to threats.
- Provide oversight of the development and implementation of security processes and architectures supporting the security posture of the NCPS.
- Interpret external cybersecurity policies for impacts to the NCPS and for the development of cybersecurity capabilities within DHS authorities and monitor changes in technical standards and technologies; provide advice and guidance for the planning of system controls to achieve an appropriate balance between security and functional needs.
- Perform internal security assessments and security scanning
- Provide design and engineering support to include technical evaluation of cybersecurity tools and technologies
- Maintain system security documentation including system security plans and their implementation to meet objectives.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel 1 to 5 nights per month for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/526175000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.