This position is in the Senior Executive Service (SES), a small, elite group of top government leaders. SES members possess a diverse portfolio of experiences including strong skills to lead across organizations. As a Senior Executive, you will influence the direction of innovation and transformation of the federal government and lead the next generation of public servants.Learn more about this agency
The Vice Director's central responsibility is leading the adaption and innovation of the globally integrated, joint and partnered force-- under the conditions of disruptive technology, great power competition and the accelerating pace of change in warfare.
- Provides executive level vision, direction, and support to ensure the successful day-to-day operations of J7 and the seamless transition and integration from strategic direction to execution.
- Oversees the development and assessment of appropriate executive level metrics to provide for broad organizational analysis both internally and externally to the J7.
- Provides executive oversight to adaption, innovation and non-standard processes that work across the Joint Staff, Services, Office of the Secretary of Defense, and externally with industry, the network of labs and other innovators. This includes enabling the development and design of trained, ready and adaptable joint and coalition forces through the integration of validated joint education and doctrine, concept development and validation, innovation and lessons learned.
- Directly supervises the development, testing, assessment and validation of concept required and threat informed capabilities, joint concepts and solutions focused on specific threats and problems identified in the joint operating environment reported by the Combatant Commands and Services.
- Leads the adaption and integration of concept required informed capabilities into the curriculum of he National Defense University's Pinnacle, Capstone, and Keystone courses.
- Provides executive oversight of wargaming, experimentation, modeling and simulations required to validate concept required capabilities to influence and guide Department of Defense material and non-material investments.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/526172400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.