This position is in National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA), Office of Spectrum Management (OSM), which manages the frequency assignment needs of federal agencies and provides spectrum certification for new federal agency’s radio communication systems. Office of Spectrum Management provides information on the Federal Government’s spectrum management activities to the public.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent reports to the Executive Secretary of the Interdepartment Radio Advisory Committee (IRAC). Supports the National Telecommunications and Information Administration spectrum management activities and functions including the National Table of Frequency Allocations and various frequency assignment plans, and rules and procedures for spectrum management outlined in the Manual of Regulations and Procedures for Federal Radio Frequency Management
The individuals selected for this position will perform the following duties:
- Prepare agenda, summary minutes, memoranda, and letters related to the work of the Interdepartment Radio Advisory Committee.
- Review and edit National Telecommunications and Information Administration and agency documents related to the work of the Interdepartment Radio Advisory Committee.
- Review internal and agency input documents for compliance with applicable policy, regulations, and procedures, and when required, recommend corrective actions.
- Analyze issues related to spectrum management, and develop and formulate policy recommendations, technical proposals, planning documents, and position papers.
- Research, manipulate, and analyze a variety of spectrum related files through both automated and manual methods.
- Maintain technical criteria for automated programs and data files used by the Interdepartment Radio Advisory Committee and its subgroups.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/526156100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.