The incumbent will provide oversight to a team responsible for providing support for all Case Management Systems Office applications and systems. The technical environment includes Informix, SQL Server, .Net, Java, and Perl running on physical and virtual Linux and Windows servers connected to SAN Devices with failover capabilities between geographically dispersed datacenters. This hands-on position requires technical and non-technical interaction.Learn more about this agency
The Administrative Office of the U.S. Courts is seeking dynamic, self-motivated, exceptional Senior Systems Administrator interested in the challenge of identifying root causes for enterprise level complex mission focused application system issues. As a member of the Production Support Team, you will provide support for the following national application systems in geographically dispersed cloud hosted environments; Probation and Pretrial Case Tracking System, Law Enforcement Notification System, Access to Law Enforcement Systems, Electronic Reporting System, Safety and Information Reporting System, Decision Support System, and the Case Management Electronic Case Filing Systems. You will be responsible for identifying the root cause of system problems, restoration of services within approved SLAs, coordinating the implementation of infrastructure and software upgrades and patches, identifying trends and engineering solutions to help create better, more robust, and stable environment for the U.S. Courts.
The duties of the position may include, but are not limited to:
- Overseeing a team of systems, network, and database administrators for case management and related systems for federal appellate, district, and bankruptcy court judges and staff, probation and pretrial services officers, federal defenders, and external stakeholders.
- Facilitating requirements gathering and analysis.
- Designing operational reports associated with applications, servers, databases, and Web Services.
- Leveraging and implementing best practices to improve high availability and stability of mission critical applications and systems.
- Maintaining team process alignment towards achieving the organization's strategic objectives and goals.
- Assisting the team in executing their role in key operational processes.
- Driving and leading team operational process improvements to full implementation.
- Leading and mentoring personnel to ensure efficient operation of the infrastructure.
- Holding accountable all team members and internal/external partners for delivering on established standards and project timelines.
- Supporting the implementation of change to drive efficiencies and reducing risk.
- Providing technical oversight of all Infrastructure projects.
- Providing technical oversight of all changes to the enterprise systems supported by CMSO.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/526146000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.