The USPS OIG is seeking a highly qualified applicant to fill our IT Analyst position in the OA Information Technology directorate located in Arlington, Virginia.Learn more about this agency
Please note that the duties and responsibilities associated with this position may vary based upon the agency's needs at the time of hire. The following description of major duties and responsibilities is only intended to give applicants a general overview of the expectations.
The employee provides senior level advice in the area of information technology. Participates in and makes contributions to management decisions in assigned program areas. Applies a wide range of information technology concepts concepts, laws, policies, practices, analytical, and diagnostic methods and techniques to address substantive technical issues or problems characterized by complex, controversial, and/or sensitive matters that contain several inter-related issues.
- Analyzes Office of Audit requirements.
- Develops specifications for new or modified systems.
- Plans and coordinates the design, development, testing, installation, and support of new and modified systems, including hardware and software.
- Serves as liaison with Office of Audit organizations on all IT related matters.
- Perform assignments requiring the application of fundamental principles, concepts, techniques, and guidelines in the area of auditing or audit evaluation
- Participates as a team member and lead of an audit team
- Evaluates agency programs and operations for compliance and adherence to regulations and adequacy of internal controls over operation
- Makes recommendations for corrective actions and writes audit working papers and reports utilizing generally accepted accounting principles and Government Auditing Standards
50% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/526127500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.