NOTE: This is an open continuous announcement. Application ratings will occur every 2 weeks (or as applications are received) until the position is filled. Early submission of your application is strongly encouraged as once selections have been made, no further candidates will be rated or referred until subsequent vacancies occur. This announcement may be canceled at any time.Learn more about this agency
The Physician ENT Surgeon is responsible for providing the evaluation, assessment and management of patients with chronic, stable conditions or acute, episodic illness related to the ENT Surgery practice. The ENT Surgeon functions in a collaborative partnership with other Sections and Services to provide a wide arrangement of clinical services to veteran patients pertaining general surgery conditions. This position is under the direct supervision of the Chief ENT Section and the Chief Surgical Service.
The overall responsibilities typically include, but are not limited to:
- Provides evaluation, assessment and management of patients with conditions as, but not limited to, carcinoma of the head and neck, thyroid, parathyroid, parotid gland tumors, sinus surgery, etc., in diverse settings, focusing on health promotion, illness, and disability minimization.
- Prepares patients for a major surgical procedure and provide follow up after the procedure, both in the inpatient and outpatient setting.
- Provides patient care that is compassionate, appropriate, and effective for the promotion of health, prevention of illness, treatment of disease, and care at the end of life.
- Demonstrates knowledge of established and evolving biomedical, clinical and social sciences, and the application of their knowledge to patient care and the education of others.
- Provides scientific evidence and methods to investigate, evaluate, and improve patient care.
- Demonstrates interpersonal and communications skills that enable them to establish and maintain professional relationships with patients, families, and other members of the health care team.
- Participates in clinical, educational and research activities.
- Maintains appropriate quality control programs.
- Coordinates and integrates interdepartmental and intradepartmental service.
- Performs all administrative related activities of the ENT Surgery Section.
Work Schedule: Includes two (2) days of the week from 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and one (1) day of the week from 7:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. May include to work on weekends and holidays.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/526116000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.