SummaryLearn more about this agency
As a Supervisory Contract Specialist in the Administrative Division of the U.S. Attorney's Office for the District of Columbia (USAO-DC), you will:
- Exercise Level I warrant and associated delegated procurement authority to acquisition supplies and services such as common supplies available off-the-shelf, items manufactured to order, specialized services, construction, and IT equipment.
- Direct and/or determine extent of competition, method of solicitation, i.e., oral or written request for quotation and to evaluate responsiveness of quotes and vendor responsibility and price comparisons.
- Direct, oversee and supervise the procurement staff assignments by using knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Federal Property Management Regulation (FPMR), Federal Information Resource Management Regulation (FIRMR), Simplified Acquisition Services Instructions (SASI).
- Direct and perform both pre-award and post-award actions for the acquisition of complex professional services and equipment requirements.
- Develop procurement plans and strategy by reviewing market conditions, specifications, and technical requirements.
- Identify ways to improve the quality of work directed by implementing new ways to eliminate or reduce significant bottlenecks and barriers to production.
Occasional travel - Occassional travel. 1- 5 days per year as needed for training.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/526094300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.