OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise - "To care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow, and his orphan" - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?Learn more about this agency
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Current BLS required /ACLS required
- Interviews, examines, selects diagnostic testing appropriately, and interprets/collates results to coordinate patient care.
- Communicates and documents with clarity to patients and medical personnel to coordinate patient care
- Midlevel supervision within Dermatology section if applicable.
- Procedural skills may include simple excision and repair, skin and nail biopsy, electro surgery basic, basic cryosurgery for benign lesions, advanced cryotherapy, curettage, Botox injections for hyperhidrosis
- Consultative input to outpatient and inpatient care. Collaborate with midlevel providers and physician colleagues with clear communication and documentation.
- Participate in the educational programs for the section personnel as well as the medical staff.
- Participate in monitoring the quality, safety and appropriateness of patient care, both at the Section and facility level. Miscellaneous activities of the Medical Service inclusive, but not limited to special projects that help fulfill and/or enhance the mission of the
- Department of Veterans Affairs as assigned by the Chief of Medicine, Chief of Staff and/or the Charles George VAMC Executive Leadership
- Demonstrate ethical conduct and serve as a positive role model to others at -all levels of the organization
- Participate in quality assurance programs and chart reviews
- Attend Medicine Service monthly staff meetings and COS quarterly meetings as per bylaws
- Complete medical records in accordance with Bylaws and Rules and Regulations of the Medical Staff
- Participate in Medical Staff committee assignments
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/526083100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.